VOGON (Dutch Society of Real Estate Researchers) is organising a meet-up for PhD candidates at Dutch universities that are conducting their research in the field or related fields of real estate. This event will be dedicated to ‘quantitative vs. qualitative real estate research methods and publication possibilities'.
We would like to invite you as a VOGON member to participate in this event, which is focused on sharing knowledge of PhD research with other academic and practice-based researchers. The emphasis of the event is on both the content and networking possibilities and is free of charge for VOGON members.
Location: ASRE, Amsterdam
Date & Time: January 31st, 2.30 pm – 5.30 pm
This afternoon will provide insight in various academic research in relation to different perspectives, challenges and added value with respect to quantitative and qualitative research. Together we will discuss differences and similarities in conducting and publishing quantitative and qualitative research, aiming to learn from each other.
2.30 – 2.45 pm Welcome and Opening
2.45 – 3.45 pm PhD Pitchers
• Annemarie Eijkelenboom (TUDelft - MBE): User preferences in hospitals
• Minyoung Kwon (TUDelft - AE+T): Energy-Efficient Office Renovation: Developing design principles based on user-focused evaluation
• Mike Langen (Universiteit Maastricht): Deep learning in real estate: image recognition in the built environment
• Isabelle Soares (RUG): Understanding spatial aspects of creativity for university campus planning and design. Evidence from Zernike Campus Groningen, the Netherlands.
• Jianfei Li (TU/e): Green Strategies for Creating Climate adapted Cities: an Urban Land-use Modelling Approach.
3.45 – 4.15 pm Coffee break
4.15 – 5.00 pm Academic research panel debate with prof. dr. T.A. Arentze (TU/e) and prof. dr. T.M. Berkhout
5.00 – 5.30 pm Drinks
Hope to see you in January!