Economically and socially profitable real estate markets of the future
You are responsible for the professorship Real Estate and will closely cooperate with other professors within the Research Centre NoorderRuimte. You are accountable to the Dean of the School of Business Management.
You initiate and coordinate practice-oriented research into real estate-related issues. You are able to link research results to the professorship and embed these results in our educational programmes, particularly in our courses Real Estate Management, Built Environment and Facility Management. You set a clear course for the professorship and provide its themes with content and allure. You always aspire to lift the professorship to a higher level. Your focus here is on researching the real estate markets of the future, with a prominent place for finding an economic and social justification for spatial interventions (SCBA). Also, you are able to calculate the value and social impact of interventions developed by other professorships.
Within the region, the development of a balanced supply in the various real estate markets is an important social challenge, which differs for commercial and social real estate. Balancing real estate markets requires an integral approach of real estate development. This integral approach is demand-oriented, fits within the relevant legal frameworks (e.g. Environment and Planning Act) and provides insight into social costs and benefits, sustainable forms of financing and a healthy sustainable exploitation.
– PhD graduate, with a background in real estate, combined with business studies, economics or econometrics; knowledge of and experience with SCBAs;
– vast (practical) research experience in the interactions between regional development, buildings and people;
– a vision on the development of real estate markets and research experience in real estate development and valuation;
– knowledge of real estate valuation, investment and model-based value appraisal systems;
– proven experience in research development, coordination and supervision, including PhD-research within higher professional education and fundraising for PhD-research;
– knowledge of and experience in writing grant applications;
– excellent national and international relations with relevant companies, authorities and research institutions;
– RICS-accredited or willing to become so.
We offer you a temporary appointment of 0.6 FTE, on the basis of a 4 year professorship as Professor A (salary grade 15). In accordance with Collective Labour Agreement for Higher Professional Education (CAO-HBO) the gross salary is € 5.219 minimum and € 7.284 maximum per month for a fulltime appointment.
For further information, please contact Ms. Renate Coumou, Dean School of Business Management, at (0031) (0)655125068.